I’d seen a few images knocking around on Instagram (when you search #slimmingworld – i do alot, it usually gives me meal ideas, inspiration and such)
I love pizza, and really miss having it on the diet and when i do eat it i feel bad. I decided to give it a go, and I was very surprised at how good it was. As crazy as it sounds, you don’t get the same Smash taste, and although its not the same as a pizza, it’s close enough to satsify a craving. If you count the cheese as a healthy extra, its also syn free.
FYI if you’re using a normal baking tray, cover it in tin foil, and spray with fry light so the base doesn’t stick!
sprinkling mixed herbs
Very Lazy garlic
Tomato puree (1 syn for 2 table spoons) OR you can use passata
42g grated cheese (HEXA)
Free toppings of your choice (e.g. mushrooms, tomatoes, chicken, ham, peppers, etc)
- Wrap a oven tray with tin foil and spray with fry light or Spray a pizza tray with fry light (depending on what try you’ve got)
- Mix the smash and herbs with boiling water. Add the water a few drops at a time, and mix until you have a dough. Be really careful not to make it too watery – this makes it sticky.
- Use your hands to flatten the smash mixture onto the pizza tray – try and get it as thin as possible without it falling apart
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes ON BOTH SIDES, until crispy.
- Add the passata/puree/lazy garlic, mozarella, oregano and toppings
- Pop back in the oven for another 10 minutes, and its done